Your browser version is outdated. We recommend that you update your browser to the latest version.

Fire on Orchid Drive in Kings Park in 1996

Posted 12/31/1996

Kings Park FD-House fire at 60 Orchid Drive in 1996.

A Kings Park Home was gutted by fire after a Christmas Tree toppled over and was ignited by a candle. 
The fire was reqported at 1057 hours. The caller stated that occupants of the house may be trapped within. Firefighters arrived quickly and found that everyone had safely evacuated. Firefighters encountered heavy fire on the ground level, with extension to the upper level and attic of the high ranch. 

The homeowner told Smithtown Fire Marshals that she had been taking down her tree, when she fell and knocked it over. The tree landed on a lit candle and immediately caught fire. The Fire Departments operated for approximately 4 hours. 

Story and Ed Betz photo in 1/2/1997 Smithtown News.

contador grĂ¡tis