Your browser version is outdated. We recommend that you update your browser to the latest version.

CO Emergency in Smithtown

Posted 8/8/2019

2145 Smithtown’ Fire Department is dispatched to a report of a carbon monoxide alarm at 268 Terry Road. Units arrived and after a quick investigation, determined that a charging hoverboard had overheated, emitting toxic gases into the home. The crews from Engine 4-2-4 and Rescue 4-2-9 disconnected the device, removed it from the house. The structure was then ventilated, the outlet checked for damage and the atmosphere within the structure was metered to ensure the air was safe. All units operated under the command of Chief Fitzpatrick

Smithtown Fire Department PhotoSmithtown Fire Department Photo

 

Smithtown Fire Department PhotoSmithtown Fire Department Photo

contador grĂ¡tis