Your browser version is outdated. We recommend that you update your browser to the latest version.

Dryer fire in St. James Laundromat

Posted 12/23/2018

1350 hours. The St. James Fire Department responds to a report of a fire in the St. James Laundromat at 473 Lake Avenue. Units arrive to find smoke in the building. A quick investigation finds a fire in one of the clothes dryers. FD personnel quickly extinguish the fire and clear the smoke from the building. The dryer was disconnected and the scene turned over to Fire Marshals from the Town of Smithtown Department of Public Safety There were no injuries. Dave Mills was the Chief in charge and operated with St. James engines 1, 3 and Rescue 9. The Nesconset Fire Department also sent a unit to the scene. Photos courtesy of the St. James Fire Department.






contador grĂ¡tis