Your browser version is outdated. We recommend that you update your browser to the latest version.

Dryer fire on Brooksite Drive in Smithtown

Posted 5/30/2019

0004 hours. The Smithtown Fire Department was called to respond to a reported house fire at 190 Brooksite Drive. Units arrived to find smoke pushing out of a small two story private dwelling. Units made entry and found a clothes dryer burning in the basement. The fire was quickly extinguished, the area was overhauled and the house was ventilated. The incident was placed under control within 30 minutes and all units secured from the scene within an hour. Chief of Department Kevin Fitzpatrick was the incident commander. Fire Marshals from the Town of Smithtown Department of Public Safety are investigating. The Hauppauge Fire Department sent a RIT and the St. James Fire Department sent an engine to cover.

Photo courtesy of the Smithtown Fire DepartmentPhoto courtesy of the Smithtown Fire Department

contador grĂ¡tis