Your browser version is outdated. We recommend that you update your browser to the latest version.

Small fire in Nesconset Restaurant

Posted 9/28/2018

The Nesconset, Ronkonkoma and St. James Fire Departments were dispatched to a report of a structure fire at the Wild Ginger Restaurant at 69 Smithtown Blvd. Crews encountered a smoke condition in the building and after a quick search, located a small fire in a storage room. The fire was extinguished and the area secured. A Fire Marshal from the Town of Smithtown Department of Public Safety was called in to investigate the fire and to address a number of violations within the building. The restaurant was not permitted to reopen until an inspection was performed by the Suffolk County Health Department. At least one summons was issued by the Fire Marshal. there were no injuries and all units were back in service within an hour. 


contador grĂ¡tis