Your browser version is outdated. We recommend that you update your browser to the latest version.

Washing machine fire at Sunrise Assisted living in Smithtown

Posted 5/6/2019

2000 hours. The Smithtown Fire Department is dispatched to an activated fire alarm at 30 Route 111 (Sunrise Assisted Living). Units arrive to find a light smoke condition within the building. FD personnel quickly locate a malfunctioning washing machine in a laundry room on the 2nd floor. The machine was shut down, the building was searched and crews ventilated to clear the smoke. There were no injuries and FD units operated for approximately 30 minutes. 

 

Photo courtesy of Smithtown Fire DepartmentPhoto courtesy of Smithtown Fire Department

Photo courtesy of Smithtown Fire DepartmentPhoto courtesy of Smithtown Fire Department

contador grĂ¡tis